Team Collins 2007

Team Collins 2007

Friday, September 12, 2008

Sponsor Profile - ELETE

By Mike Adams:
----------
eLETE Electrolyte Add-in

One of the benefits of being on the Collins cycling team is sometimes getting some new products to try. We got some of this electrolyte product called elete this year. I gave it a try early on and at this point use it during pretty much every ride and race. There is a liquid form you can add to water or drinks and there is a tablet form (Tablytes). I sometimes take a tablet after a race if I get that sort of headachy, dehydrated feeling but mostly I don’t get that feeling anymore because I’ve been adding the liquid form of elete to my water. I usually like to drink a combination of water and energy drinks in pretty much any ride or race. Often, about half my fluids come from water. I like being able to add elete to the water. I’m a very heavy sweater and I need a lot of fluids. Adding elete has noticeably helped with the way I feel late in a race and after a race. Others say that it helps with cramps. I can’t really vouch for that because I’ve never had much of a problem with cramps. The other thing that I have noticed is that it seems to help to add some elete to drinks the day before a race if I’m really trying to hydrate. Not sure about the science here but it has often seemed to me that simply pounding water all day results in a lot of peeing but poor hydration the next morning (judging by urine color). Adding elete to a couple of those drinks the day before has fixed that problem for me and is now a standard part of my routine.

So, two thumbs up for elete from me. Hope we get some more next year!

No comments: